“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.”
As part of the journey that is ‘planning’ this trip, there’s a whole lot of reading, checking, thinking, second-guessing, etc. that is going on already. Heaven knows how it’s going to be after weeks or months of doing this. But hey, this is part of the fun and excitement of what we’re doing, so we’re getting stuck in and getting on with it.
This is the start of a resource that will probably become a page on the blog instead of a post like this, so it may grow over the coming months.
This is just a sample of what we’ve been reading, and the websites we’ve found and want to keep track of.
Family travelling blogs:
- Family without borders
- World travel family
- Four dots on the map
- 1 year sabbatical
- With two kids In tow
- Great family escape
- Got passport
- Where’s Sharon?
Tour / Travel websites:
- Trusted house sitters
- Work away
- Help exchange
- Boots n’ all family travel
- Lonely planet
- Kids world travel guide
Help / Resources:
- How to plan your family trip around the world
- Family round-the-world trip
- 10 tips for landing the perfect house-sitting gig
- Cost breakdown for 1 year of travel
- Finding the money to travel
- Why you should be house sitting
- Round the world with kids – what to know before you go
- Travelling round the world with children
- 21 Reasons to travel around the world with kids … from those who have done it
- Why travel long-term? An open letter to loved ones
- How to house-sit the world
- How to pack for travel with kids
- 8 common travel tech disasters
- Where’s Sharon – planning family travel
- 3 things parents learn while travelling with kids
- Round The World (RTW) Tickets – To buy, or not to buy?